Notifications
Clear all

Health scare  

RSS
bikram
(@bikram)

I quit smoking after 13 years of half a pack a day about 2.5 months ago! I quit because I developed a tickle in my throat and persistent cough. I thought when I quit it would go away but it sadly hasn’t and now I also get food stuck in my throat. So looking at Dr Google, it would suggest I will die from throat cancer! I talked to my doctor about it and he didn’t really give it much attention. He told me to keep an eye and if it continued he would refer me to an ENT. A month after my phone appointment (due to COVID19) my cough and throat tickle as well as food getting stuck was not getting better so I called doctor again and he ordered a blood test and chest X-ray BEFORE he would refer me to an ENT. I can see the blood test results online and everything looks OK but I don’t know about the chest X-ray, it has been a little leas than a week since my X-ray and my doctor hasn’t called me to follow up! I’m going crazy thinking I have something sinister going on in my throat. I really hope my doctor picks up the pace and gets me an ENT to ease my mind! I am 40 and I exercise almost everyday since quiting! Apart from my throat issues, I feel good and I have no desire to ever pick up smoking again. Btw I am 40 years old. I am wishing I never smoked and now I wouldn’t be dealing with this health scare! :(

Posted : 27/07/2020 6:42 pm
Topic Tags
Share: