Notifications
Clear all

Hopefully the last try  

RSS
admin
(@admin)
Member Admin

I am 23 years old and I started smoking when I was 19. I never expected to be a "smoker." When I started college I took a lot of pride in the fact that I didn't smoke. Unfortunately, I ended up being around people who smoked often, and even people that would buy cigarettes for me when I was trying to quit. I certainly don't blame those people, but I do regret letting others decide the course of my life. I have been trying to quit on and off for a couple of years. Recently I thought I had finally found the reason that would stick. I have found that I really enjoy running. It has become an integral part of my life, and when I'm smoking cigarettes AND running, I can feel how much it effects my body. For a couple of weeks I completely dropped cigarettes. I decided that running was more important to me, but I fell back again. I am really tied to the person that I am when I'm smoking cigarettes. I like being perceived as a rebellious young woman, but I also want to be the person that works hard on themselves to be healthy and happy. I want to go out and smoke a cigarette with my friends and share those moments, but I also want to encourage the people in my life to quit something that is destroying their bodies. I am struggling, and I hope that being able to talk to you all and really focus on this issue in my life will finally bring an end to it. Thanks for reading!

Posted : 27/07/2020 6:22 pm
Topic Tags
Share: